Religion: Synthesis, Reconciliation Of Intellect, Sentiment
(Apollonian, 5 Sep 10)
Comrades: ck my entries in "Lindstedtania" which the moderator has now titled, "Appy happy, yappy, crappy"--which title I don't endorse, but what can I do w. such a "moderator"? See http://www.stumbleinn.net/forum/index.php. Regardless, below are basic considerations in intro for general subject of religion, thence specifically, Christianity.
(1) Why "religion"?--it's the (best) synthesis/accommodation/reconciliation of intellect w. sentiment in accord w. habit of subconscious, this consistent w. intellectual conviction. Note intellect isn't too easy for folks--it's something one eases into gradually as one gets older and more clever.
(2) Thus religion is aesthetic, and for Christianity, note it's aesthetic dramatization based upon literature of New Testament (NT). The "Christian Identity" (CI) people want to ignore NT and revert to Old Test. (OT)--which then negates the Christ which is only found in NT--just one of the serious problems w. CI.
(3) But note outright, formal "philosophy," by itself, is so DIFFICULT for most people, thus the religion (of sentiment and style) is something easier to learn first--by which then one can move into (the) philosophy. Thus as small child I learned about dear, little baby Christ born in a manger, etc.
And note then Christianity is actually the mother culture of all the good and great things we have fm Western civ.--specifically, modern science fm N. Italy and Galileo (then Newton), and legal tradition, including the social contract (also fm Renaissance Italy), thence Hobbes, Locke, and the US Constitution.
(4) But now then, specifically about dear old Christianity--how exactly to characterize it and identify it?
(5) Thus Christianity is reverence of and for TRUTH--Gosp. JOHN 14:6, 8:32, and 18:37-8. For Christianity is all about TRUTH, and God is TRUTH, and everything else, like "love," "peace," and "faith" is ordered accordingly. Thus greatest ethical virtue is HONESTY, obviously, in honor of truth.
(6) For note that's our great human quandary, as Pilate asked in Gosp. JOHN, "what is truth?" For human life is the great struggle to know (this) truth--esp. against all the horrific corruption, conspiracy, and lies we must wade through and contend with, as we search and struggle for that precious truth.
(7) And consistent w. philosophy, Christianity then is perfectly understood in contrast to, and as Hegelian ANTI-THESIS of the preceding Jew lies (Gosp. JOHN 8:44). Naturally then Jews emphasize SUBJECTIVISM (see RevisionistHistory.org and Come-and-hear.com for best Talmudic expo).
(8) Thus note how Christ affirms Aristotle and the objective reality (Gosp. JOHN 8:32), assuring us there's such thing as TRUTH--which necessarily requires objectivity as criterion/standard (the "God-given" reality).
(9) So these above notations are basic things for proper understanding of Christianity and Christian religion and philosophy. Observe such philosophy isn't too critical or urgent as things are going well in civilization and economy--u can often very well just sit back and watch TV all day--esp. for the weaklings and inferiors of society, as we see.
CONCLUSION: (10) It's only when the Jews and cohorts start to really take over and killing lots of people in mass quantities that sinners begin to take notice and leave off w. the football games to ask, "duhhhhhhhhhhhh geeeeeeeee, but what's going on?"--this is when people start to "getting religion"--it's a CYCLIC phenomenon ("religion") in accord w. "Decline of the West," by Oswald Spengler. Honest elections and death to the Fed. Apollonian